Academy of Workplace Learning is taking a proactive approach in line with the Australian Government’s health advice and guidance in relation to COVID-19. We have additional measures in place for the continued safety of staff, employers and students:
- PPE including masks and gloves are now available at our classes for students to wear if they choose
- No contact disability first aid training and first aid training: this means students will not be required to practice first aid techniques on other students or staff, only on themselves or a manikin. For example bandaging, CPR, recovery position and use of EpiPens will not be conducted on others. Students will be directed not to breathe into a manikin at this time.
- Alcohol based hand sanitiser is available throughout the venue for use upon arrival, during class and departure+
- We discard all bandages, dressings or other class consumables at the end of the first aid classes and they are not re-used
STUDENT ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS
Importantly, those who meet the following criteria should not attend any Academy of Workplace Learning Training course:
- Those who have been diagnosed positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days
People who have been overseas in the 14 days prior to their course date
- Those who have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days
Those who are diagnosed with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within 14 days after attending their training must advise Academy of Workplace Learning immediately on 1300 189 417.
Should you require further information regarding COVID-19, please refer to the Commonwealth Department of Health and NSW Health websites:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert:
COVID-19 (coronavirus) information:
SBS Multilingual Coronavirus Portal: